Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenry View Post
The starting pay was 2850. I am now with a European bank's Compliance Control/Advisory team. In total, I have moved 3 times with a little less than 3 years working experience and am drawing >1.75x my 1st paycheck.

wow which means you change job every year?? I hope to emulate your career some day. however how do you build your expertise and skills if you move regularly especially in compliance where there is so much to learn?
I stayed at the research analyst role for 6 months before moving onto a Client Onboarding/KYC role for about 9 months. Moved onto another KYC role and stayed there for 17 months. Not really 1 year per job la.

KYC is not compliance. KYC is operational by nature, whereas Compliance is more control and in some teams, advisory-based. Tbh, KYC is not difficult to pick up and excel in. If you can do well in school and have good command of English, which at TR I'm sure you must have, you can easily become proficient in the essential skills within a year. I believe BAML's AML team is one and the same with their KYC team?