Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenry View Post
were you a fresh grad too? I think for fresh grad TR was offering 2.8 and I had to negotiate to 3. Maybe if I started off in bank I would have been offered more?

I have a friend who is Credit suisse compliance prog and his base is 3.3 with no bonus for 2 years. lucky for him he manage to secure a role after 2 years but some of his batch colleagues did not.
What does TR stand for?

Fresh grads typically start out at that range, no doubt. The main concern is that your pay has stayed relatively stagnant after 2 years, which is not a good sign. In a non front-office banking role, the key is to jump and jump often in order to secure big increments. Don't be afraid of being labeled a job hopper at this juncture of your career, it's the norm for junior executives nowadays to have a nomadic CV.

The CS compliance programme is a load of crap designed to pay minimal sum for a group of people to 'immerse' themselves in the compliance culture aka cheap labour to support their core compliance function.

Looking back, 18% is actually a fairly satisfactory increment that BAML is offering you. Although you are still below the supposed average, I think this is a fair deal that they have for you.

With regards to bank increments, don't bother. It varies between 1-7%. Pathetic.