Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Marketing internship in FMCG companies
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:30 PM

yourplaceormine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
FMCG do not segment it as "marketing" roles versus "non marketing" roles. It is simply MA/Grad program vs direct hires. All MA functions within Unilever are paid equally, and it's about 5k base pay. Compare this with a direct hire who would be earning anywhere between 3-3.5k.

This is similar with P&G and Loreal, and I suspect most other FMCG giants here.

To be frank, I am not too familiar with J&J because they have been rather low key and don't do much campus recruiting. In Singapore, the FMCG companies that recruit the most are Unilever/P&G/GSK/L'oreal while Coke and J&J mainly stay on the sidelines as you might have noticed. Even Heineken is pretty silent, as they don't do on campus activities.
I find that to be true as well, although I have seen J&J down for a campus activity once. Their MA program (if they have it) is not well advertised, unlike Unilever for example. With regards to direct hires - are they paid equally regardless of job function? (eg. marketing VS finance) and would progression typically be much harder for direct hires as compared to those in the MA program?