Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Marketing internship in FMCG companies
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 04:45 AM

yourplaceormine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the one who posted this. would just like to add that FCH is not necessary to secure a final role in these FMCG companies or the other good Ma Programmes. usually they look for a second upper to shortlist in the first few rounds. good luck!

btw, I think loreal gives more return offers compared to Johnson & Johnson. you would most probably need to look at other companies to secure a final role. a 6 months internship would give you good experience though. just make sure you do brand management related work if you want to position yourself for a FMCG marketing role in future
Hi there, thanks for your posts! I am aware of how stiff the competition is for the MA programs, but as you have mentioned, i'm still willing to give it a shot. I'm not really a FCH kind of student, therefore I am definitely not in an ideal situation, that's for sure. I currently do not have a brand name on my resume, even though I have done 2 internships under my belt, which is also why I am seriously considering taking up this internship, as I am aware of how important a brand name could be.

You also mentioned that graduating at an odd time could be challenging, why is that so? I was under the impression that graduating at an odd could actually be an advantage as the number of fresh grads hunting for jobs could potentially be less saturated. Would you be referring to the MA programs? Do all the MA programs only recruit once a year?