Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope, I am from a local uni, and I can say there is no private uni grad in our program, even for corporate functions (back office), where I am placed in. Most are from local uni, and a few from overseas uni, albeit non Ivy League.

However, there are in fact a number of sim uol grads in our FO doing CDD and KYC though, with the title assistant RM in the bank's PB arm.

So would like to shed some light on this to debunk all these claims that your peers have been 'flaunting'. No offence though. On a side note, I do know of sim uol people getting a role in local banks' grad program, especially in the T&O division.
I am poster of the above reply. Just to clarify, I have no intention to butthurt or insult the uol peeps. But I feel that there is a need to clarify and debunk many of these false information that your peers have provided.

Also, not pointing fingers on any of you, I think that in life, we have to know where we stand, work hard while live humbly. If we see that our goals (triggered by many of the false info here e.g. Being more Streetsmart than local uni grads, or friend's friend in BB FO) are unttainable due to certain circumstances, we should probably stop living in denial and work towards a goal that is within our reach.

I know many of you guys will still disagree with me, but I just want to emphasize the importance of being realistic and keeping things real. Not trying to put you guys down though. In fact, I have to admit that many of you guys are more capable and have better communication skills than local uni grads. For instance, I know of people who graduated from private uni to reach director/vp level faster than local uni grads because they work harder and smarter than many others. So my point is while you guys might lose out at the starting point, with humility and hard work, we never know who the eventual winner will be.

Just providing my two cents worth, and hope this helps.