Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Software Engineer:

I don't want to brag but I think I am among the best software engineers in the industry. I have a Bachelor and a Masters in Computer Science from one of top Universities. I have some research experience and got some papers published in top international conferences.

With 7 years experience I earn 55K/year including everything.

My wife is among the top 1% student from my country with a degree that I don't want to reveal to keep our identities unknown as much as possible. She is doing research (!) and earning 24K/year.

I share HDB with another family. And at the end of month I have very little to save.

We are so called FTs. We think we are big losers.

Of course we are very frustrated. But we don't have many options open.
If you are the best in the industry, you won't end up with 55k/year, you are earning this amount either because you think you are the best but you are not, or you are the best, but someone else took your credit.

A general rule...
if you are the best in any industry, you will be rich, but may not be the richest...
if you are the second best, then better find the best industry...
the best people are those who will technical skills and can market themselves well...

sounds you are still young, plenty of time for you to explore....and surely you will succeed if you are really the BEST...