Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thanks for sharing.

do you think it's possible now to make so much with investment properties?

i understand that when the government liberalized the use of cpf monies for property use, the local property prices went to dizzying heights. and if you had timed correctly and cashed out before the asian financial crisis, you would have made multiple folds given that properties are often bought with leverage.

we are now witnessing again a property boom. i doubt it will last though. the liquidity now is due to USA quantitative easing, which is temporary, compared to the cpf liberalization which virtually created wealth that flooded the market permanently.

what is your advice for the younger generation? thanks for sharing.

-d
I doubt u can make so much now. The risk of parking in property now is no longer justified as the risk reward ratio is no longer attractive.
if u look into QE2 carefully, I doubt its effectiveness. HK, US, Shanghai markets are not moving after the QE2, China inflation is very high. I suggest u read articles from Andy Xie, very interesting.

For younger generation, to share how I brought up my girl.

1. read a subject in college of market relevance, of great commercial value and evergreen career.
2. invest in a world class degree
3. find a great employer, of world class standard, eg tier 1 banks
4. ya, train your children in communication

of course, the children themselves must be able to make it.
I suggest, read the "Poor Dad and Rich Dad" book. My children read it when they were teens.

Let your children start early in investment. Give them the seed money if u can.
Dun blame them from making mistakes.

If u register and can give me an email address, I am not so keen to share in public