Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Yes, life is short. It could be 30 years, or it could be 90 years or more as the government tells us. What we do or can do in our short 30 years or 90 years in this life, unfortunately depends on how much wealth we have. If you are dirt poor living day by day, you will be probably struggling to make ends meet and have little time and energy for anything else.

We talked about money and income here only because this is the purpose of this forum. We don't see accruing wealth as an end in itself, but as a means to something else. The most immediate is to provide a comfortable life for ourselves and our families for as long as we live.

After that, we want to enrich our lives with various experiences such as traveling the world, experiencing different cultures and yes, even helping the poor.

As I have said before, when you have little wealth, you help the poor by contributing your time. When you are rich, you help the poor through contributing your time and money bringing you double happiness.

While I agree that wealth may not bring happiness, I can say for a fact that having no wealth is miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some people write in this forum to brag about their $800k pa jobs.
Some people write in this forum to complain about their $40k pa jobs.

The rich will one day die.
The not so rich will one day die.

Why worry so much about how much you have?
Everyone can only eat and drink so much. If you are a billionaire, will you eat 100x more than a poor person?
Will the billionaire who lives in a big mansion sleep as soundly as the person living in a small home?

Be happy with what you have. Make the best of it. Don't have to work so hard till you die.
Make a difference to your life. Make a difference to the lives of others.
Go out there to volunteer your time and help the poor and destitute. Don't just donate a few thousand dollars and brag about it.
Life is short.
Make the world a better place.