Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which job offer should I choose?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i can see that you did think through on your choices.

Do avoid semi conductor companies. The jobs are going to China.

As for Level 3 engineer, this sounds like a systems integrator offering you a job rather than the bank directly hire you. Where got fresh grad (even an FCH) go direct to level 3 one? As a level 3, there is no guidance from anyone. You are supposed to be the highest level of support liao. If you dunno how to fix, means cannot fix. There is nobody to teach you. Only those systems integrator will hire you as level 3 straight. And our SIs are really low standard one.

As for cyber security the field is very hot now and will explode in the future. Security is hard. If you have taken any security modules before, you will know just how much you dunno. With the Internet of Things industry exploding due to enablers such as the Raspberry Pi, a lot more security experts are needed but the supply is very low as it is too intellectually difficult and tedious. Trawling through thousands of lines of log records is not fun. But your company is very important. If it is yet another Systems Integrator such as Cisco, you have to run as far as you can.
I did some thinking in my career. Thank you!

For semicon, yes they are moving back to China but do they also shift their engineers to China as well?
I have a Malay friend got transfer to.China and got prompted. Please kindly verify it.

For the contractor, may I know what is system integrator? The manager told.me I will be a web master which deal with paper work and minutes of meeting which I thought no progression.

Cyber wise, yes it's gonna be tough and tough as hell. I tool related courses in my degree and I did cyber project also.Exammine thousands of lines of code is not funny. Get certed is also mentaly tough as well. But I think my friends in BB companies are also fighting to be the best.

Hope you can answer these questions:
1) Will semicon move their engineers to China and if so will engineers be prompted?
2) What is system integrator? Is it some role with paper work and book meeting rooms?

Thanks.