Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which job offer should I choose?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey, disregard that previous post. No matter how good you are, some people will still find ways to put you down. But from what i see, you are doing a lot better than alot of your peers given that you have options too. (ofc, don't compare with your FCH peeps who got into banks/FMCG graduate programs) If cybersecurity is your area of interest, just go for it. Cybersecurity is now one of the hottest thing, so you should be safe for the next decade.

Choose the role you want, not the company.
I think one should be cautious and not make career decisions based on generalizations of the hottest hype. Semicon, IT, e-commerce, bio science were all hot for a period of time as well, but reality is most people in these industries are suffering a few years later.

In fact certain areas of cybersecurity like vulnerability assessment, system requirements planning and network management are already cooling down due to too much competition and VC pump and dump into non-profitable markets. 2016 is gonna get worse as enterprises pull back and corporate budgets get cut. The only sustaining part left is in public infrastructure now.