Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Married couple with two children (g9,b6).
We earn $860K (assessable income for YA2016) so around $71.6K a month but more than 30% of the total comes from discretionary bonus. We save $31k pm.
Home: Leasehold terrace worth $2.1m. Mortgage outstanding $1.6m. Mortgage instalment $5500 pm using cash (up to 2015, home was a hdb fully paid up worth $800K, now rented out at $2.8k per month and for offsetting the mortgage payment)
6-yr old car fully paid up (ard $80k value).
Liquid assets (cash/CPF/investments) $2.8m
Illiquid assets (pty invts [2 local 3 foreign pties], unvested stock awards, cash value of ins policies) net value $2m
Total net worth around $5.3m

I know we are very comfortable compared to general population and this post is not to brag. My main concerns are:

a) now past 40 yrs old, how long can I continue earning current salary (I hope to retire at 60 by which time hopefully can get to $10m n/w)

b) kids are still relatively young, and education is quite stressful (for them and for us), concerned about their future (ins coverage around $8m so not worried financially if I die but more about whether they can survive in this uncertain world)

c) trying to build and increase annuity streams to match my salary (still long way off) but dividends/interest/cap gains now can just cover expenses (abt $15K per mth)

d) still supporting elderly parents (in their 80s) and being mentally prepared for the emotional roller-coaster that I will go thru shortly in terms of their failing health and future demise.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app