Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The statistics and MOM reports may not lie, but the fact is that there are people who do earn good salaries, very good salaries.

It is like the government keeps telling people that the average lifespan of Singaporeans is going up, but this stats is not important, not relevant to those who are dying.

So yes, while the average income may not be high, there is a good number of high earners. Look at the DBS CEO's 2015 income. It was $10m+. In 2014, it was $9m.

Below him are the many MDs, Senior VPs etc.., each would be earning >$500k pa. And this is just DBS. There are many other banks, many company CEOS, directors, etc...

By the same logic, you just think of the many civil service organizations and agencies. The directors and deputies are all superscale grades each earning no less than $300k pa. And some of these people are only mid 30s.

For myself, I am only a lowly wage earner. I having been investing and trying to generate another stream (passive stream) of income to supplement my salary. Right now the passive stream is giving me $130k pa which helped put me (together with my salary) on par with my boss' income.

That's what we should do.
Top 1% got money would already generate 30-50k rich people in Singapore. Of course it's a lot numbers wise.

But instead of a country sample representative of 99% normal people 1% rich people in this forum, we have 80% rich/super high flyers and 10% affluent PME and just 10% normal or below average. Tell me what are the chances that an unregistered forum targeting pay discussions for students, unemployed or career starters will attract all the rich people to congregate here?

DBS CEO Piyush Gupta and his MDs come here to talk cock? Did he jio his OCBC & UOB counterparts Samuel & Ee Chow to come here as well? Civil service superscale Directors/Principals/Generals and Perm Secs come here to chit chat? Rich businessmen come here to network? Do you really believe this or just arguing for argument sake?