Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Increment Rate
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Wink Better to work the money hard

I am 47 this year, worked for 23yrs. Current annual pay 102,000,same company since 2002. Since 12 years ago, realised increment rate low and probably won't have vast opportunity to rise up at career, there being many competent and young aspiring colleagues. So, I started to spend more time and effort building up my savings generating higher than the average traditional rate of returns. From 2011, I stopped saving in banks altogether. In mid-2007, I began to earn rental interest by pulling resources with my friend to buy one private apartment(I also managed to get a small overseas apartment in 2013 with the same friend. It had been paying us 6% rental since Jan 2014). Today my ROI is approx $120,000-equitable to my salary. I knew that career wise I won't be as capable as my cohort who would probably be earning high income. With my alternative investment plan, however, I feel just as grateful to enjoy substantial income. My stand, don't rely on your pay-it is "limited", work your pay hard and at same time, don't have to "compete" unnecessarily nor stress yourselves at work. (Knowing and accepting that others are better than us).