Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Annual Bonus

The annual bonus is another thing to look forward to for those currently in the workforce. I still remember fondly after receiving my bonus in my 2nd year of work, I immediately used it for down payment for my first car. In that year I achieved my first 2 Cs - credit card and a car!

As I got married and started a family, the annual bonus allowed us to quickly pay off our condo, and build up our savings (cash).

As we progressed in our careers, the bonus also became more substantial. In fact, it is a major contributor to our wealth build up each year, making up at least 40% of our annual savings currently. This enabled us to acquire another condo for rental income. Another 30% is from our passive income and the last 30% is from savings from our monthly salaries.

At 27, you have time on your side. So long as you continue to work and progress in your career, and don't retire prematurely, you will do alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
seem like i am a poor man...27 this year...annual compensation including bonus makes to an average of $7k monthly only..peasant pay..