Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed!
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I think when you receive the offer, you'd pray they didn't offer you. Continue studying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidus View Post
What do you guys think about a dip holder entering into a stat board? As I wanna enter the stat board that deals with the landscape and greenery of our city.

I took a different diploma back in my poly days and I do not want to waste time taking the landscape diploma again. My other option is to go overseas for a degree course but that would requires a sum of money. Thus, I decided to work first. Currently I am working in a private company but the pay is relatively low because I'm starting from scratch. I was intending to go into public sector as I understand the pay will be much higher and the incentives are better. I got an interview just awhile ago and currently waiting (praying) for a 2nd interview. If I got through, that would be great.

But what are some of the thoughts of a dip holder entering the public sector? Competition and more competition?