Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 3rd Local Law School (UniSIM) for Mid-Career Switchers to Lawyering
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2016, 03:10 AM

Superfly is on a distinguished road
Default 3rd Local Law School (UniSIM) for Mid-Career Switchers to Lawyering

Greetings to all. With the impending 3rd Law School @ UniSim, I am contemplating whether to take this 1st step for a mid-career switch to lawyering, thus humbly seeking advises here.

Brief profile of myself. 32yo male, coming to 33yo this year. Currently working in a stat board with a monthly gross of about 5.2k. My annual income is about 90k including allowances and bonus. Highest qualification is a pass degree from QUT, Bachelor of Justice. Did this degree during my stint with SPF. Moved on to 2 pte sectors before ending up back to govt in a stat board. Currently i am rather satisfied and in comfort zone. Ideally, if i were to put ambitious one side, this could even be my final job till retirement. However, the job can be rather mundane at times and seriously seems like a retirement ground.

Learning about the 3rd local law school piqued my interest to find out more. Interest and passion is one thing, reality is another. I fear reality will creep in and interest will fade. I know being in this legal industry is not all glamorous due to the hectic working hours and such. Knowing that if i indeed decides to take the plunge and study law, i will be about 40yo by the time i complete my studies and bar exam, etc.

Is starting out a career in the legal fraternity in their 40s too late?

Thanks in advance for any advises out there.