Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Verified Member

boomZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcane View Post
Contract ended, got played out without successful conversion to perm by HR (a stat board).

Was jobless but decided to look for job, 3 months couldn't get any interviews or only a few calls, with no follow up. Desperate, started looking for part-time, couldn't get any, went complaining on FB (don't learn from this :P )

One of my ex-HR noted and asked if can assist to temp 1 month, desperate, $x/hr, I went for it. One month extended after another, while they were kind to let me take time off (aka no $ when time-off) for interviews, stopped applying or trying after 6 months.

Kept doing temp until 2 weeks ago, finally landed a job after CNY, calls started flying in without me sending any resume or application.

Was going to give up and go apply for taxi license and at least, I control the working hours and pay, compared to sitting in office and worrying about the money.

You will feel like giving up, stopping it all, just persevere, keep trying, lady luck will shine one day. I was jobless close to 10months, 3 months idling at home, 7 months doing temp.

During temp, I bring leftover food to work everyday to save money. Avoid going out much. Fortunately, for me, my car was paid up and I only had phone and fiber bills to pay, petrol too, since I drive to work when necessary.

I see my credit card bill from Ks drop to mere hundreds during my jobless time, now will be wiser to spend only when needed.

Looking forward to my first real pay in 10 months.

p/s: IRAS sent me letter ask me to verify my income because they can't detect any CPF contribution last year as I was jobless. LOL...
Job market really quiet these days it seems....