Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should I move on?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Are you doing an engineering job? If yes, just quit and get a higher paying job which can make you rich. You can then retire in your 40s and enjoy life, doing what you like. If you are an engineer you will likely retire only at 65 or older or become a taxi driver when you got retrenched. Top bankers and top lawyers can retire easily in their 40s and then enjoy life. They are free to do what they want, to pursue their other interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remymartinVSOP View Post
Hi all,

Here to seek a bit of career advice.

I graduated from NUS with 2nd upper last year. Been working in a local firm for about 9 months now and I have a skill set that is quite well sought after. So far my job has been really challenging; I have learnt a lot of hard and soft skills; my colleagues and boss are really encouraging and supportive; working hours are good and pro-family (9-6).

My only qualm is that there might not be a lot of monetary incentive on the horizon (next 1-2 years). From what I have heard, the yearly increment is a percentage of 1-3%. My starting pay is only $3000 which is considered low when I look at my peers.

I'm wondering if I should consider moving on elsewhere that would pay me a decent pay or just stay put because it is a good environment? Or is it too early for me to do this (I do not want to be labelled as a job hopper)?

Thanks in advance!