Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 12:10 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
You should start to look for a job of your preferred industry and start working now. This is to gain experience in your preferred industry. No point getting a higher certificate when you do not have the related work experience and you are not even a young student who just graduated from school. You can always do a part-time degree whatsoever. Forget about online courses seriously. I never trust those things unless the courses are for people to take up for leisure. You already mentioned you have lost out so why still continue to waste your time ? 31 years old is not young anymore. Start working now. When you look back some 10 years later, you will be thankful that you managed to woo back the lost time.
yes thanks. i tried applying for entry level jobs in the sectors i like but got no replies. only got replies from scammers, insurance type.

i have the same thoughts as you actually, work, get income, do a pt degree and take a year off to do a masters a few years later. but it seems hard to get an entry level job i like in an industry i wanna work in. work experience in temp jobs in macdonalds or retail will do nothing for my career.

i haven't been back to sg for years now, reading the post helps me understand the psyche of the average joe.

i am getting lots of offers for 2-3k teaching jobs in malaysia, china etc, due to my experience in this industry. i know these jobs will not pay much but they are always there as an option. living in a developing country has challanges but i work 30 hours a week, do a job i like, teach kids i like, got so many friends here, it is a pretty decent lifestyle to be honest.

i got an offer to do a phd. once again, it is good to hear the reasoning of some people here. i am waiting on results for masters applications.

maybe, i will just go for it. and if they say i am too this and that in singapore, then no choice, i will stay in south china or malaysia and market my phd or masters to do research or gain better jobs.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app