Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 02:32 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you know why people encouraged you to go back poly and start again and not get a JCU cert? so what your bachelor is accessible for master. can you get a masters or phd entry in a more prestigious uni then JCU and not some online school? The ans is obviously no. The obvious reason why so many people wanted you to go get a proper dip from poly and go back way upwards is because when face retrenchment, you still have a chance to survive in this harsh world and another reason is at least they still can let you have chances to go in civil service which from there you can go take part-time degree from local uni or SIM..

so what you obtained a master degree or phd from JCU? it is useless anyway because most places actually see your degree first. And also, obtaining a masters or phd is a not big deal. it is not useful anyway. Now that you made a wrong move in getting a degree. the only way to make it right is either you start a proper dip course or that if possible enrol yourself in SIM degree again rather then JCU.
thanks you make a lot of sense with respect to retrenchment and civil service. the only issue is my age, if i take a poly dip full time, i will be 34 when i grad, part time, i will be 36. it is kind of pointless by then. if i wanna do a degree, then i will be 40 or so when i grad, what is the income difference at that age?

as for getting into good schools, i have been offered places for bach and masters and phds.

right now, on my desk, i have an offer letter to do a phd from a top 50 uni, and offer to do masters or bach from jcu/curtin. i have been shortlisted by a local uni for masters/phd as well. talked to consultants sent them my certs, liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim are all no problems. doing masters at a top 100 unis is not a big problem really. going to jcu is due to money reasons, or else, i probably can enter a g8 in aus or a russell group in uk. which once again makes doing a poly dip completely futile.

if i do do a masters in a top 100 uni, with an online degree still, what are my propsects of getting a job in singapore?

Last edited by jiaklatliao; 25-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.