Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 01:37 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are really half as smart and well connected as you say, you wouldn't be in a situation that is even worse than a typical experienced NITEC educated grad at your age.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve here. You put down anyone that doesn't agree with you as uninformed and at the same time put out juvenile requests for people to teach you how to make money.

I manage a small team of technicians and support coordinators at work. Most are NITEC or diploma holders around your age. I would without hesitation hire them over someone without any useful experience like you who has only a bunch of useless online and crash course degrees to show for.

Are you naive enough to think you can just lepak in Malaysia then pay a cert jump right back in and get a higher pay than a typical NITEC or diploma holder who has slowly accumulated experience and constantly upgraded himself?
sorry don't mean to come across that way. i meant it in a light hearted manner, especially when people talk about the cambridge diploma in international training as if it is some kind of holy grail.

how much do most nitec or diploma holders my age make?

i do not think i am better than them, if they have been upgrading then i guess they should be degreed or masters now? or hold certs lik ccna etc?

then they make more money than me, that's fine. look there are diploma guys in banks with years of relevant experience earning 10k or whatever my age. that's fine.

i am just looking for my own life, and getting ideas about which is the right decision. i just hope to make 2-3k plus starting out, then gain experience and go to 3-5 after some time and start a faimly.

i respect everyone and help everyone. we are all just trying to make a living and support out families here/