Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Our society, no.. Our country has no spine.
I appreciate your view on this. First things first, does the sleeping around actually happen among the IBD? I know we have heard stories of it but I actually can't confirm. Call me opinionated, but I can believe stories of sleeping with boss to get ahead among the poly girls, insurance agents and MLM sales.

I never got down to investigate my hypothesis - the more prestigious and higher educated background you come from, the less you would likely sleep around to get ahead. Let's face it, IBD's have the top school grads where insurance agents are the poly grads. Don't the girls from those prestigious backgrounds think highly of themselves and not let their legs, and not their intellect, speak of their ability? Interesting.

Sure, Singapore could pull itself from the blend society it has become. However, I think we need to take a more macro view on what are the industries Singapore has that will offer jobs that give employees a pay high enough to live just as well as the bankers and lawyers? That's the problem. Singapore, relatively on their neighbours do not have enough of an edge to boost this industry.

Take a recent development. Google are beginning to form a development team in Singapore. Let's see how this evolves. If there's a development job that pays S$8k for fresh grads, then of course employees now have an option other than banking and law. Looking at a start up job that pays S$5k vs IBD S$8k, the answer is clear.