Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Second, do you mean in Singapore, parents are ashamed when they tell their friends that their son or daughter doing something that is NOT banking, medicine or law?
I didn't say that but I wish as a society, we are able to have a deeper, more measured conversation about our careers.

I know of girls in IBD who have told me that they are willing to sleep with their bosses to get ahead. I know of very scummish guys in AM. Sorry to generalize but banking attracts a lot of morally dubious individuals who are very prestige conscious. The same could be same about law. I am not sure about medicine since I don't have friends in those fields and I don't wish to lie about it.

But yeah, banking attracts a disproportionate number of individuals who are vapid, shallow and morally repugnant. Why doesn't anyone talk about that, at least in Singapore? When I travel to Europe or the US, there is real disgust and antipathy towards bankers, which is for the most part understandable.. Here we have a "kowtow to banker/lawyer" culture. Our society, no.. Our country has no spine.