Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Do you have a boss like this and would you stay or quit
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
1) My boss does not do his job and leave all thing including major things to the staff to handle and if things screw up, he blames the staff.

2) He does not give instructions to the staff and expect the staff to keep asking him for instructions. Even common sense like informing the staff what to do next also expect the staff to ask. Basically NIL instruction unless the staff ask.

3) He does not know his job as some duties is the boss's job, not the staff. His professional work ethic is questionable. And he even does not know how to advise his customers because he does not look through his customer's files and all the while only expect his staff to know 'inside-out' and to even handle customers as if they are the staff's customers not the boss.

4) Basically, what the boss is doing is expecting the staff to do everything and he only collect money from the invoices the company sent to the customers.

Will you still work for him and stay in such company ?
I quitted my job in a GLC because some of the bosses and majority of my colleagues were incompetent in knowledge and when things happened, you will see the boss start to gan-jiong and keep finding what story to make up to cover and explain to the customers instead of admitting the problem, the cycle just goes on and on. The company don't sack so they slack. Seeing how things worked, i do foresee something serious will happen some day (just a matter of time) and i do not want to be like any of them so i left as fast as i could after i found a new job.