Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Quiting a new job
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2016, 02:53 AM

Meanieeass is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Quiting a new job

Hi all, need a career advice...

Have been working in current coy for 1.5months and still cannot adjust to the culture shock. The working environment does not fit my working style largely due to;
1. CEO loves yelling and use abusive words on employees of all levels
2. Meetings are spent on pinpointing fingers who is at fault rather than resolving issues
3. Strict HR policies (a few to mention); (a) no using hp during office hours, (b) no hp in meetings (and their meetings drag very long), (c) can only visit pantry before 9am, lunch hrs, or after work, (d) duty roster to clear rubbish at pantry for executives and below (e) no half day policy, and many more.
4. CEO had 2 monitor screens with cctv cameras that he will look at whole day (aside from attending meeting and yelling at employees). He wants to know every single movement you make, and will also make rounds to see if you are working.
5. Colleagues are pretentious. They are nice to you and once in the meeting room, they start shooting you, adding fuel to fire to the point that the CEO will yell at you because of the additional contribution.
6. Meetings held daily to discuss even up to a very trivial matter. Don't find it efficient as the meeting will drag and time is not used productively.

So far i've only been talked to rudely once in a meeting but every day i fear being the "next" one to be yelled at. The constant fear is causing me panic each time im at work when i sense boss is doing his round. When others get scolding, my anxiety increases. It seems like he's the type where nothing is good enough and no matter how much you've done to cover your own ass, he or others always can create "loopholes" and start scolding you for not thinking about it in advance.
I've gone for several interviews but no luck. It was also lucky that i could take that 1 day "urgent" leave to attend interviews. I find it hard to follow the golden rule of not quiting a job before getting another job line up for me as i cant find the right excuses to go for interviews.

It's affecting my health as i feel depressed but scared that i will be jobless for months. There's house to pay and i have a baby to take care of.

What should i do?