Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My two cents worth...

I think you need to stop living in the past, on your PSLE grades and O levels. My PSLE results was terrible, and I was in normal stream. I assume I developed slower than the others, and had ok results for O levels (5A's and 2C's). My mum told me that she doesn't has any money to pay for university, so regardless whether I picked Poly or JC, that will be the final education she can afford to pay. At that time, I picked Poly because I felt a diploma is worth more than an A levels certificate.

My grades in Poly wasn't great either because I was working part time for pocket money. But I think it's the feeling that I'm always not smart enough, I feel I have to work doubly hard. 15 years later, I'm finished my part time degree from rmit and earning $300k/annum. In fact, I'm not even the most successful one among my poly classmates. One of them is more successful running a food business. Ironically, the girls who topped the class, are largely housewives/stay at home mums. They didn't survive or work long in the corporate work.

I think the ones who are more successful, never felt the past is important. It's the attitude that makes the difference.

Stay positive and 加油!
TS does not need to stay positive, he needs to get down from high heaven (Mr top 10% @ school and work). He is already way too positive of his own capabilities.