Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlaoeh View Post
i already earn around 4k, it is not a problem getting a job around this level. if i wanted to earn 5-6k i simply have to work in this industry or stay in this company but i know from testing my boss there is no future in this company i.e. i will be stuck soon. so i am looking to go back to school and find a new path.
This getting more and more confusing. I thought the whole idea of the thread is you find your current job as an accountant at 4k is dead end and therefore you want to move up by getting a masters degree and use that to move into investment banking.

Now you are suddenly saying that you can easily make 5-6k if you "simply" stay in the same company/industry!?!? What happen to that earlier story that you send out more than a hundred CV but still didn't get anything in the end?

If it is as simple as you claim, why are you even bothering to study for a masters? So what is that whole drama about joining the banks for? You don't seem in the least interested in banking other than the fact you think they can give mega increments year after year.

Also I find you sound like very emotional swinging from one extreme to another. One moment try to pose as a confident top 10% elite then another moment prone to saying drastic things like how bad your situation is.