Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

My two cents worth...

I think you need to stop living in the past, on your PSLE grades and O levels. My PSLE results was terrible, and I was in normal stream. I assume I developed slower than the others, and had ok results for O levels (5A's and 2C's). My mum told me that she doesn't has any money to pay for university, so regardless whether I picked Poly or JC, that will be the final education she can afford to pay. At that time, I picked Poly because I felt a diploma is worth more than an A levels certificate.

My grades in Poly wasn't great either because I was working part time for pocket money. But I think it's the feeling that I'm always not smart enough, I feel I have to work doubly hard. 15 years later, I'm finished my part time degree from rmit and earning $300k/annum. In fact, I'm not even the most successful one among my poly classmates. One of them is more successful running a food business. Ironically, the girls who topped the class, are largely housewives/stay at home mums. They didn't survive or work long in the corporate work.

I think the ones who are more successful, never felt the past is important. It's the attitude that makes the difference.

Stay positive and 加油!