Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlaoeh View Post
Thanks for the very kind advice that makes a lot of sense. You are right, people like myself who are not wealthy cannot afford to make mistakes in life to have an upside.

Actually, I mentioned clearly that I can't afford a local MBA, and I didn't apply for any MBA. I also mentioned that doing research for a bank is just one of the fields i am interested in.

i already earn around 4k, it is not a problem getting a job around this level. if i wanted to earn 5-6k i simply have to work in this industry or stay in this company but i know from testing my boss there is no future in this company i.e. i will be stuck soon. so i am looking to go back to school and find a new path.

despite that, you can see the usual posters keep going off on a tangent about ivy league mbas and ib jobs.

HAPPY CNY TO ONE AND ALL!

My apologies. I actually went back and re-read your first post. You certainly have not said that you have applied for an MBA.

Any normal, reasonably intelligent person will assume that business masters = MBA. Because that is the only business masters worth applying for.

What you have actually applied for is actually a non-MBA Masters in the NUS/NTU business school.

That is certainly the most kum gong thing ever.

You have 0 chance of getting into a bank, even as a bank teller.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app