Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

You seem to feel that you are highly intelligent but somehow is restricted in your career by your certifications and wish to boost them up.

Unfortunately, you still got no idea what you are doing. In reality, you are only very average in terms of intellect. But your inability to see that actually hinders you and cause you to waste lots of time and money pursuing something already way beyond your league.

Why are you even taking GRE instead of GMAT when you are trying to take an MBA?

Ppl from Banking Management Trainee programs and Management Consulting programs do go take their MBAs, but it is only the Ivy League MBAs.

Nobody cares about an NUS MBA. Look at the class profile - ://mba.nus.edu/student-life/116-class-profile

No one from USA or many other developed nations are even in NUS MBA class.

Even when everyone who matters tell you that NUS MBS is useless, you still die die want to go in.

Even for a poor grade NUS MBA, it is highly unlikely you will make it in. You simply do not have the experience, skills, networks and educational qualifications to get in.

Let us imagine that best case scenario for you, where you successfully get an NUS MBA.

No bank is going to recruit you as an analyst even. People will recruit a first class honours or extremely exceptional 2nd upper guy as an analyst.

You are already spoilt goods. Even Maybank will not want you.

My advice is to take your CIMA and ACCA which is more relevant to you and try to get into big 4 and climb from there.