Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I (29 years old) am planning my career, any advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlaoeh View Post
I think you are 100% correct, especially about the part where schools charge ridiculous fees.

Traditionally, don't IB analysts go back for their MBAs after 2 years? As for the top level guys, most of them don't have MBAs, in fact, some don't even have a degree.

Just to check, analysts in banks (back office included) do start off at around 4-6k right? After 3-5 years, they should be making 6-8k? Investment banking (the superstars) analysts do start at 7k-20k? Am I correct with these figures?

I got these figures from numerous salary reports from reputable companies as well as asking 2 of my friends in banking. Working as a research analyst (research companies and countries) in a bank/private company/civil service is one of the routes I am looking at.
Why are you so hung up on such things that have nothing to do with you? Don't kid yourself mate, with your kind of experience you have no hope of getting into these banking jobs.