Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Relationship manager / Personal banker
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by osd View Post
It's easy to be RM but hard to stay as one. It's a very KPI driven job as you have to sell products to clients. Basically you have to find a way to make peopel give you their hard-earned money for some products(insurance/trust/depository products etc) that may or may not benefit them in the long run. Not alot of people can do this and most people quit after a few months.
Disclaimer. I'm intending to be personal banker / RM. I already satisfied in my current job. Hehe. I ask because I want to benchmark myself against my friends, some of whom are RMs.

Okay, I get what you're saying. Yes, it is also linked to the assets you bring in and that's largely a function of who you know and wants to let you be their banker.

I just want to get down to the specifics of those hot shots just graduate and bringing in the big bucks, which I heard is $20k a month. Okay, lemme tell you who they are.

Presentable and pretty girl. Normal graduate from local U. 3 years in retail banking. Then all of the sudden my friends kapo then update me saying she went private banking draw $6k base and pull in $15k commissions making like $20k a month. Got such thing or not? And is it a consistent $15k a month comms. One thing I admit is that she's hardworking and knows how to sell.

If it's true, any thoughts?, then it still pretty much beats IB. She mention that she's considered normal in terms of the industry because like everyone said, she's serving a retail customer. But normal job drawing $20k a month, I very happy liao.