Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Deputy Director or Director - Civil Service earns?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My deepest apologies, yes was referring to AD position with 10 years of related experience. Any idea how much to negotiate?

Non scholar, Male with NS.

Any information willbe helpful for me to prepare. (eg. the scale expected, salary range etc)

Thanks!
No worries.

I'm not the HR, but what I can share is that they'll look at the following:

1) Your last position and job function. Whether you're from private or Govt sector.
2) Is your last function (and previous functions) relevant to the role applying for?
3) Your last drawn salary package and whether they can match if offered to you.
4) Any key or niche skill set that's in demand in the financial sector.
5) Your potential to contribute in other functions within MAS in years to come.

For mid career, not much concern about scholar or not. They're more focussed on what you've acquired, can offer and perceived CEP (if called for interview).

Bear in mind that MAS functions as a central bank and financial regulator and candidates have previously made the mistake thinking they can quote their last (for example) investment banking salary and expecting the Organisation to pay. MAS is still a Govt agency at the end of the day and there are limits to salary payment (however, there are other means in which it compensates).

As Long as you've factored in the above and request for a reasonable salary package, you won't have to worry about going beyond the range.

Good luck.