Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Female feesh grad
The best financial advice I can think of for fresh grads is to get married as soon as possible. This allows you to buy a very cheap BTO flat. Let's say you buy the BTO flat for $200k. After the MOP of 5 years, you sell the flat for $400k! So you make a profit of $200k easily! You can then buy another cheap BTO.

Besides getting married early, having kids early and buying a BTO flat, here are other ideas

1. Don't buy a car as it is costly to buy and maintain. A car can cost $1000pm for loan and $1000pm for other expenses.

2. Don't buy expensive branded bags or shoes. Just cheap ones will do.

3. Don't buy expensive clothings. Buy simple and cheap ones.

4. Don't splurge on expensive holidays.

5. Don't spend money wastefully on partying.

6. Invest prudently in high quality blue chips.

If you do all these, your chances of retiring early in your late 40s or early 50s is high.

I am prudent with my spending, I made a lot in my investments, I save and invest a lot from my salary and bonuses. I worked hard in my career, became a high flyer executive and made good money. I'm successfully retired now, living in my luxury condo, drive a nice car and debt free. I'm only in my early 50s. Many people of my age group are still struggling and working as they didn't plan their finances well. They spent their bonuses on expensive cars which depreciate in value and some waste money gambling, womanising and partying. Many also lost money in the stock market as they are not serious investors but gamblers. Invest your time to learn how to invest.