Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I won't be surprise. To my knowledge, there are kids like that. Rich family so don't need to work. Get job just to do something. I know someone similar. Major in something like Asian Studies and works in broadcasting. At the rate he is going on holidays and splurging, as seen on FB, I doubt he's relying solely on his 3k a month salary.

Yeah, sometimes I look at their FB with jealousy. Let's say, for example, I make 6k a month. Strive to do well, work 3 more hours a day, push myself. I still earn the same as him. Mine is 6k a month from my boss. His is 3k from his boss and 3k top up from parents.
This has nothing to do with rich kid or not. The world has no shortage of rich kids willing to splurge to buy a prestigious university certificate.

But top universities like LSE do have minimal standards even if you can afford the fees. Being rich helps to get in for sure, but I can't imagine how LSE will admit a polytechnic IT grad even if his dad is willing to pay.

Also rich kids work for fun, they tend to choose jobs which are fun. They don't go into a shiit hole like Citco working long hours doing repetitive boring transactional and customer service work.