Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a lawyer from a local university, first class Honours, just started work a year ago earning a starting salary of 7.5k. Most of my peers who managed to secure a job as a lawyer had starting salaries in the range of 5k. The catch is that many grads (even local Uni grads) are unable to secure a training contract to become a lawyer, especially those with second lowers.

I've also met someone (in an administrative job) who studied law in a private Uni and who puts "LLB (London)" when he signs off in his emails. Obviously, private Uni law students are not allowed to become Lawyers, but many still try to portray themselves as Lawyers. I wouldn't say that this is a private Uni or SIM thing, but it is a HUMAN thing. Humans like to seek affirmation from other people, I find myself doing it very often too. Whether you are a local grad or private grad it's the same. But of course, one should not deliberately mislead e.g by overstating your qualifications, grades, awards etc
I don't see how your entire first paragraph about your salary links to your point in your second paragraph.