Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, due to the current and worsening economic situation. The justification for adjustment has been made obsolete. So this plan will be postpone. Pray hard there is no downward adjustment to the monthly variable component.
For this sole reason, I shall not support the PAP in the 2020 election.

I am not unreasonable. The economy has indeed taken a turn in 2016 BUT the basis of the adjustment was laid out in mid-end 2015 at the same time with MOE's proposals for teachers.

But the teachers got the up to 8% adjustment in Sept 15 just before the elections. And there has always been concerted effort by the PSD to hold back polytechnic salary adjustments as announced in Feb 2013 when the then pay rise was BACK DATED to sept 2012.

What does that show?

There is a tendency to hold back polytechnic lecturers pay adjustment by 5-6 months to 'observe the market conditions'. Whilst this action by itself is not wrong, there is discrimination and uneven handed ness as compared to MOE teachers whom, so far as I know, have Never 'enjoyed' a back dated adjustment due to holding back to 'observe the market conditions'...

For this reason, the govt henceforth OWES me (it's up to you to decide otherwise, everyone can have their opinion) one adjustment. Probably worth 6% or so. And hence I will with hold support for the govt as it has breached the social contract.