Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I feel bad for SIM students sometimes.

A lot of times, they can only get contract jobs at banks with a measly 2.8k whereas the same role for a local grad would get paid upwards of 3.5k and above doing the same thing and staffed as a full-timer.

Told my friends that I got offered a starting salary of 4.5k and all of them dropped their jaws but such figures are commonplace in local uni.

I honestly think its a toxic cycle where SIM students get shortchanged very badly, not because of the students' capabilities but the efforts that the school's administration takes towards their graduates' entirety including career paths.
Congratulations on obtaining such a high starting salary for your first job.
I believe such salary are usually drawn by grads in MA or related programmes etc which normal hires do not usually get.
As such you must be someone of a much higher caliber.
Since you said that it is common for local uni students to draw such pay, i can only derive that all your friends are from private uni since they are all shocked at your pay.
If such pay is so common then why are the average salary in the employment survey done for the 3 local unis below 4k for most of the course?