Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don’t disagree with what you are saying about STE but that is not the main problem. Look at it in the context of an average caliber person. You cannot get into any of the top MNCs, so you are left with 3 choices - either join places like STE/NCS, join some small startup or local SME or go start you own business.

Go join a small SME might sound sexy as you get more autonomy to do supposedly innovative work, but from a personal financial perspective can it really be better that joining STE? Chances are the SME will fold up somewhere along the way, you get terminated whenever the times are tough, or you try to get somewhere but find out that you experience in SME isn’t worth anything.

Everyone has different needs, some people who are more ambitious, look to something beyond money and stability, look for individual fulfilment etc. is ok, I respect them for their drive. But what I am emphasizing is for most people (i.e the average man on the street), working in STE actually makes a lot of sense and it isn’t as bad or dumb as the way some people are putting across here.
There are people to fill all market segments. People take the best option they can get.
  • MNC/public sector - high end
  • STE/NCS/GLC - mainstream
  • SME - budget