Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

For me the real fear is how do I transition and sell myself to Singapore recruiters in the future (would I have to take a massive paycut, since in 2-3 years time, I will probably make 3-4 times what a local big 4 MC candidate is getting paid)? Alternatively, I was thinking of exiting into industry before moving back to back to Singapore. Depending on what sector I do get rotated into, I could exit into a fortune 500 and then move back to Singapore at middle management level. What do you guys think, am I looking to far into the future?? I'm driving myself insane atm.
If you're good, you should be able to get decent offers back in Singapore at MNCs. The problem with MC is that it is often seen as nebulous. Plus, like it or not, it is also relationship driven. You need to be able to sell your contacts and expertise in the US.

More importantly, I think the industry you specialize into also matters. A lot of the big and booming industries in the US like pharma, healthcare, high tech etc are run on a very different level and scale in Singapore. So the clients / potential employers are also very different. Bear that in mind, as the change will be extremely drastic.