Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You do know that MC and local bank MA are two totally different fields, right?

There's also a significant gulf in prestige. Why not try for MBB locally if you are into consulting? It's a highly versatile field so you can enter any other industry you might be interested a couple of years down the road.
I did most of my MC recruiting in the US. TBH in the US now, the gulf between some of the big 4 firms and MBB have been narrowing for years. There is no difference in compensation (in fact, I think Deloitte is higher) and the exits are equally strong (barring PE/HF, an MBB prestige would be useful).

Unfortunately, I did not do any MC recruiting in sg. I highly doubt I would enter any of the MBB in singapore anyway as I heard that each MBB takes in less than 5. Those that do make it, their CVs are bloody insane.

For me the real fear is how do I transition and sell myself to Singapore recruiters in the future (would I have to take a massive paycut, since in 2-3 years time, I will probably make 3-4 times what a local big 4 MC candidate is getting paid)? Alternatively, I was thinking of exiting into industry before moving back to back to Singapore. Depending on what sector I do get rotated into, I could exit into a fortune 500 and then move back to Singapore at middle management level. What do you guys think, am I looking to far into the future?? I'm driving myself insane atm.