Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I am 55 and I have not owned a single high end branded item to this day. My current 3 watches are 1) Hilfiger, 2) Timex and 3) Citizen. All were free watches, the first two were from Safra for 5-yearly memberships. The Citizen watch was from my company as part of my long term service award. The Tmex watch is already 10 years old and the Hilfiger watch is 4 years old. All of them are still in perfect working condition.

My shirts and trousers were local brands each costing less than $30. When torn, I just replace them. And you probably guessed it, my shoes were all bought from Bata. Yes, they don't last for more than 2 years, but this suits me because I like to buy new shoes every now & then.

My family has 2 cars, and I supposed by now, you will deduce that the cars are not conti cars. You are right. We have one Jap MPV and a Camry.

So what's our networth?

Not counting the cars, which are consumer items, we have:

Residence (condo): $1.8m
Condo for rental : $1.35m (loan $500k)
Cash : $400 k
Stocks: $800k (was $1m at start of 2015, but lost $200k due to market rout)
CPF : $1.7m (OA, SA, MA, RA)
FDs, bonds : $300k

Total about : $5.8m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
29 years old. i have a slight disability, was badly bullied and fired from my first full time job after 11 months for no reason. then slipped into depression. all the negative thoughts come back and haunt me.unable to find job.

net worth: 10,000 cash in bank.
cash: 800 for my day to day spending.

assets:
iPhone 5s 16gb
13 inch retina macbook pro
burberry watch 3800
burberry watch 1200
burberry watch 700
bottega veneta wallet 500
LV wallet 500
prada wallet 400
tons of branded clothes 2000

When I was depressed, I whack a lot of branded goods. as you can see totalling more than 10k
I could have had 20k in the bank now.