Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 03:12 AM

kenmah is on a distinguished road
Default Graduate Dilemma

Hi Guys,

I have a dilemma with regards to what offer I should select. Before I list out my offers, I would like to preface it by saying that I do ultimately see myself coming back to Singapore to work, so doing something that has commercial value in Singapore is important to me.

My background: Economics graduate of top 20 US university (soon to be)

Current offers: Local bank MA (Have not receive contract yet, not sure how much they are playing)

US offers: both are for management consulting

Deloitte Strategy & operations New York Office: 75kUSD base + 10kusd Sign on, not sure about the bonus

EY performance improvement New York office (did a summer internshp here, really like the culture): 72kUSD base + 5k usd sign on, not sure about bonus

I'm not sure how transferable MC skills are to sg, seems like the big 4 don't do pure MC work in SG, besides I'm not really keen on exiting back to enter the big 4 in sg. This is mainly due to prestige and exits, as consulting in big 4 is very selective in the US (base pay is almost the same as IB), and would position me quite well if I decide to go to industry. Would really like some advice.