Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am thinking of moving to risk management.. particularly within the area of mkt risk.

about 2.5 years into compliance now sitting within the advisory team. Part of my job scope covers the dealing floor's activities.. but im not monitoring the limits since thats taken care by the risk dept.

then again, im not entirely bent on heading to the risk side. Up till now most of my work r pretty qualitatively based, across all major business lines from PB to CB (writing policies/procedures, reviewing proposals or investigating cases escalated by my ops or from our dear beloved MAS/CAD. My work is mostly 75% on AML/CFT while 25% are on general compliance stuffs and managing other regulatory projects.

I am thinking of taking up courses / certifications that can complement my existing job scope. For the trading floor stuffs, other than insider trading n partially mkt abuse, the rest is pretty much covered by the other dedicated risk teams. hence i am thinking of either a PRM / FRM to help me fill up the gap in that area... at least i would have a clearer picture of the trading activities n perhaps increase my marketability

What do u guys think? I heard its pretty tough to study alone for those courses (i know nus RMI teaches FRM but thats like 1.5hours travel back home after lesson...)
I have similar situation as yours. Thinking to move to risk after having 2.5 yrs compliance exp. But I'm still not sure if wasting my compliance exp is a wise decision. I think risk management have about the same earning potential. Why do you want to move to risk dept?