Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Joy of having passive income

"Do you know the only thing that gives me pleasure? It’s to see my dividends coming in." -- quote from John D Rockefeller

I could not agree with the above quote more.

I have been building up my passive income investment sources for almost 25 years. In the very first year, I received my first passive income of a grand total of $575. It was much less than the interest earned from a fixed deposit I had at that time. The FD interest was $1.5k.

Fast forward to today, the monthly passive income we received was about $11k+ on average, or a total of $130k pa.

The good thing about passive income is that they are not all paid to you on a single day in a month. That means there will be many days in a month where you can expect to see passive money coming in. It used to be that after each pay day (from my salary), my mood would be down, and I had to dig in for the rest of the month till the next payday. It is not so now. "Pay day" can come throughout the month.

Below is my Jan 2016 income :

8 Jan - $200, dividend from stock#1
10 Jan - $195, dividend from stock#2
13 Jan - $1,200 bond#1 interest (half yearly payout)
15 Jan - $980, dividend from stock#4
18 Jan - $3600, rental income
20 Jan - $xxxxx, pay day from work
22 Jan - $600, dividend from stock #5
27 Jan - $300, dividend from stock#6

The best months for my passive incomes are in May and Aug where most companies pay their full and interim dividends for the year respectively. In these 2 months, my passive incomes exceed $15,000 each (excluding work income)

Now that stock markets are in turmoil, it is a good time to look out for good dividend stocks to pick up at a "discount".

Having payday almost every other day is really something!