Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Since we have new MRT lines, the number of cars should be reduced. Not 0% growth rate but -2% every year for the next 10 years. This will then reduce the road congestion.

COE at $45k is very, very cheap as it means only spending $4.5k pa for the right to use. If a HH earns $100k pa, they are only paying $4.5k pa for the COE (4.5% only). Many families spend more than that for their yearly holidays.

You should buy your new Cat A car NOW. Next bidding will surely go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First, I think the COE price will rebound. Industry experts have explained that the "fluke" drop in bidding and thus prices were due to people on holiday, and avoiding the rush for CNY buys. The thinking was that buy after CNY then the demand will be lower thus lower COE price. If the majority is thinking this way, the COE prices will rise after CNY.

Second, COEs provide a good source of revenue for the gahmen. When the COE prices drop, they would need to "sell" more COEs to get the same revenue. So that may explain why they don't want to claw back the excess COEs for later years.

But you never know.

What I do know as one who drives to work daily is that the traffic jams are getting worse. I hope the gahmen will quickly act to cap the car population grows to 0%. Our roads just cannot cope.