Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

I did a bit of googling and I assume you guys are talking about s://sg.linkedin.com/in/haze-heng-21965b9 ?

The confusion is due to some foreign banks like Citi allow people to cite a bigger job title when interacting with different parties. In short she was a SVP or VP before, but only as optional business title.

Not familiar with Citi, but in JPM for e.g. Infrastructure Architect (SVP) is different from SVP, IT Infrastructure. The former means it’s a senior analyst level position with option to cite SVP whereas the latter means SVP head of department level which is more senior in terms of pay & team leadership. It is possible to have Infrastructure Architect (VP) and Infrastructure Architect (SVP) at the same time as the bracket title also differentiates within a grade. To make matters worse, it is not consistently applied across departments and lines of businesses even within the same bank.

This girl is honest as she states her actual internal title properly. There are many others I know conveniently just leave out the real title and put VP/SVP in their CVs to make themselves look more high level especially when dealing with people outside the industry that are not familiar.