Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Previous/Expected Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been talking to this bank. The hiring manager says that he has full powers to determine salary. But HR told me that the hiring manager has no powers until they issue the appointment letter. Business can suffer until HR can have there say. funny - business earn the salary for HR and HR derail the business process.
Most likely the hiring manager big cannon trying to act satki in front of you. Banking industry is a very compliance driven and everything is about policies and rules. Don't say a small fry like your hiring manager, even a senior MD will have to go through many rounds of approval if he wants to give something outside boundary.

As for junior fries like SVP/ED & below, haha my toes are laughing if any of them come to claim the have "full powers to determine salary". When I was a SVP with Citi, I was not even authorized to appeal for an offer exception outside salary range unless my boss sign off to give his support, then the whole exception form need my big boss MD from by line and MD from HR side to approve before HR can go back to offer something outside policy.