Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Extend ORD or otherwise?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
The job(section instructor) is pretty relax. I would even have time to touch up for university syllabus. Can go germany one more time also
my 2 cents is this.

first, if you ORD now, will you be able to occupy your time most fruitfully? your primary concern seems to be earning some money. i would say its hard to find temp jobs that are 2.1k or more. but weigh it against some kind of job experience (even as a temp) that you can put on your CV.

are you studying a business course? if so, such temp jobs can be good if you can spin it to be something useful on your CV, to show "appreciation of business" blah blah. if it is other courses, less important if at all. at the very least, it shows that you are not sitting on your ass.

if money isn't your primary concern, PLEASE be creative with what you do with 6 MONTHS and don't stay inside the army!!! there are some really interesting things you can do with 6 months...work and travel, 1 to 2 months volunteering stint overseas, even community volunteering with local NGOs. these things provide good experiences to talk about later in school when you apply for ExCo positions or exchange, or even when you are looking for your first job at an interview! of course, i realise that finances might be an issue or there are extenuating circumstances where you must stay in Singapore, such as family.
ou need to be abit more creative and ask/search around for these opportunities. but please don't spend the 6 months clubbing away!

in short, extend ORD ONLY if your primary concern is earning > 2.1k, and you cannot find any job paying about the same, and you have no good idea how else to use your time.