Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Previous/Expected Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I kena this a twice with MNC before. Hiring manager say salary not a problem at all after I confirm again during interview, then when offer come HR say cannot match and seems surprise I din't know that.

After that out of courtesy I went to talk to the interviewer again, he just push everything to HR and say they inflexible and its all their fault and how if up to him he will pay etc etc. But honestly as a job seeker I really couldn't care less whose fault, all I know is internally these people cannot coordinate properly and end up wasting my time coming down for multiple interviews.
Most of the time is the interviewer fault. Interviewer want more manpower in his own dept. But ultimately it is HR/planning that will determine the position and salary range for any new incoming. Sometimes though, these dept heads think they are up there and don't want to take orders from HR. Usually HR will already give black-and-white, what is the salary range for each position and how many the dept can hire. But the dept head will suka suka try and chut pattern to get what they want. Its a problem with big organisations. All the depts work as if they are the most important.